Friday, December 10, 2010

Really?


Ugh, why oh why did I open that acct at M&I.  I should have just closed the two POD accounts & been done with that bank.  Took f.o.r.e.v.e.r. for the account to be opened & the other 2 to be closed.  And she even had the nerve (?) to motion towards the POD withdrawal slips & go, you’re putting these into the Estate account, aren’t you?  Ummmm…hello….oh HELL NO!  The very REASON you set up your accounts to be POD is to AVOID the money going into the Estate & being probate.  I just looked at her & said, ummmm, no, I’d like $xx in cash & the rest in a check please – since I’m sure you don’t want to give me $xxx in cash.  *shakes head*  And she was an assistant VP. 

Today, E got a package from my uncle & aunt (my mom’s brother & wife).  I was shocked, to say the least.   It’s a necklace for her to wear – when she gets older, the note says, in memory of her g’ma.  From JCPenny “Always feel that an angel is watching over you or your love one in this crystal angel pendant. One side of the sterling silver pendant features an extraordinarily detailed angel with a star and crystals while the other side features the words: "I WILL ALWAYS BE AT YOUR SIDE".”  It’s a beautiful pendent.  Will go nicely with the “thumby” that I bought for E. 

My mom & her brother had a falling out, so to speak, after my grandfather died.  When we were going through g’pa’s things, my 2nd cousin (uncle’s granddaughter) took a I Love Lucy lunchbox that my mom had given to grandpa.  When we realized this (after they had gone home to TN), my mom asked for it back, stating that she gave it to g’pa & she’d like it back for E.  The 2nd cousin refused – stating that she was using it to take her lunch to school in (she was a junior or senior in high school at this time).   Neither my Uncle J (or Aunt S) nor my cousin P (the father of 2nd  So they all stopped talking. cousin) would make her give it back.

Shortly before my mom’s surgery, she read the book “The Shack”.  Hubby’s mom had loaned it to me & I loaned it to my mom to read.  The book touched her.  So she emailed them all, told them that she forgave them & asked for forgiveness for her actions.  As far as I know, none of them responded. 

All during my mom’s time in nursing home, I didn’t hear from my uncle & aunt.  I even included them on mass emails a couple times.  One time, my other aunt (mom’s sister; Aunt G) emailed them something about my mom & Aunt S replied – yes, we know, we rec’d that email also…give M (me) our best.  WTF…but no email to me? 

When my mom died, I didn’t call my uncle – I had Aunt G do it – in part cuz I didn’t have his number.  In part cuz Aunt G had already called him once that day.  Two days later, I rec’d a call from my cousin P – giving his sympathies & telling me that his folks were coming up for the Life Celebration.  I didn’t hear a word from my uncle & aunt – not a word.  They weren’t at the Celebration right away & a few people asked me if they were coming – I replied that I had no idea since I personally had not heard directly from them.  They did show up, but due to the amount of people there, we did not spend a lot of time with each other.  I spoke a few words with them that day & the next morning w/ Aunt S.  I overheard her saying to hubby’s mom that they would be heading towards Mad City for a few days & I think I heard Aunt G’s daughter T say that Uncle J & Aunt S had basically invited themselves to their house for Thanksgiving.  When I said goodbye to Aunt S, there was no word of them getting together with me while still in the state.  And, other than this package, I haven’t heard a word from them. 

As I told Aunt G, it’s their bag to carry, it’s not mine.  The beef was between them & my mom – my mom stuck out an olive branch & got nothing.  They’re the ones who have to live with themselves. 

For Christmas, I’m seriously considering buying Aunt G and Uncle J & Aunt S copies of The Shack.  Might be a waste of money – might not be…I do want to buy it for my Kindle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment