Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hummingbird

When I started this blog, I just picked this background – couldn’t really see what it was but the name sounded neat.  Then after I posted my first post, that’s when I saw what it was.  Hummingbirds…very appropriate. 

Hummingbirds are a “symbol” for melanoma cancer – the cancer that my mom fought for nearly 8 yrs.  I put a hummingbird on the memorial card that I made for her “life celebration”.  http://www.melanoma.org/learn-more/wings-hope

I’d like the hummingbird on the website / memorial card on me someday, someplace – in memory of her.  Though she HATED all of my tattoos…at least she said she did.  She had some choice words for them at times.

Seems an appropriate “memorial” to her though…  We’ll see if I ever do it.  I don’t know where I’d put it & I’d like the hummingbird to be with a rose and/or a petunia.  E’s nickname is Petunia Rose so to incorporate both would be ideal.  I think it would be tough to find a petunia and/or rose that would work with the hummingbird the way that website has the hummingbird – it’s almost tribal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment