I rec’d an email yesterday from my mom’s friend’s daughter (that was a mouthful). My mom’s friend passed away yesterday from cancer. I cried & cried when I read that email. I replied to Nikki, the daughter, giving her my sympathy of course & telling her how much her mom & her meant to my mom – I remember every year my mom would send Nikki an ornament at Christmas-time. I don’t remember why my mom did it every year, just that she did – not sure when she stopped…perhaps when Nikki turned 18? I also told Nikki that it is some small comfort to know that our mom’s were in Heaven together raising Hell, just like the old days. They were good friends after high school, that much I remember. Not sure when they met. I think they were roommates too, before my parents were married. I think Bonnie was in the wedding? I have some old pictures with her in them – I was going to mail them to Bonnie. Perhaps I’ll send them now to Nikki. I’ll have to see if my aunt G can refresh my memory on Bonnie.
The irony, if you can call it that… My mom died on Nov 11th. Bonnie died on Jen 11th. Who’s going to die on March 11th (which is also my mom’s bday). *sigh*
Death, for me, seems to happen in 3’s or with some consistent “spacing” between the deaths.
Dad – 1986
Brother – 1988
Dad’s mom – 1990
Mom’s mom – 1993
Mom’s dad – 2006
Mom – 2010
Who’s next…………..
No comments:
Post a Comment